- What is self harm: What-is-Self-Harm-Leaflet-min.pdf (harmless.org.uk)
- Young people and self harm leaflet: Young-People-and-Self-Harm-Female-Leaflet-min.pdf (harmless.org.uk)
- Family and friends leaflet: Family-and-Friends-Leaflet-min.pdf (harmless.org.uk)
- Towards hope and recovery leaflet: Towards-Hope-and-Recovery-Leaflet-min.pdf (harmless.org.uk)
- Suicidal thoughts leaflet: Layout 1 (harmless.org.uk) *these do refer to services in Nottinghamshire/East Midlands as I believe they offer a service in this area.
- Every Mind Matters - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Where to get help for self-harm - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Self harm or suicide
Call 116 123 to talk to Samaritans, or email: email@example.com for a reply within 24 hours
Text "SHOUT" to 85258 to contact the Shout Crisis Text Line, or text "YM" if you're under 19
If you're under 19, you can also call 0800 1111 to talk to Childline. The number will not appear on your phone bill.
- Mind – call 0300 123 3393 or text 86463 (9am to 6pm on weekdays)
- Parents Mental Health Support | Advice for Your Child | YoungMinds – You can call our Parents Helpline on 0808 802 5544, Monday - Friday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- National Self Harm Network forums
- Health for Teens – self-harm information and advice